Friday, April 17, 2009

Books, books, books...

So I started this particular blog because I love books and love reading books and I love talking about what I'm reading, but there isn't always someone to talk to about it when I need to talk about it.

To some, reading is a waste of time, but to me it is a way to fill my mind with ideas and life stories and connect me to humanity. It is a way for me to understand the human condition and empathize with it. It is a way for me to regenerate, to learn, and to experience catharsis. As will all pursuits in life I have learned I have to use judgement and moderation, or I will binge. And yes, I have been known to binge read a time or two (or three or four). So join me if you want, but I'll be here anyway. Unless, of course, I'm not. And for a little taste test (really this is for me to remember which ones I want to write about) sometime in the near future I will post about the following good reads: Hummingbird's Daughter, The Book Thief, Pillars of the Earth, Friday Night Knitting Club.

No comments: